What We Do
The Vanuatu National Statistics Office (VNSO) is committed to providing high quality, reliable and timely statistical data and information to assist the government and the community to make better informed decisions. The VNSO has to respond to the needs of its users by providing statistics to meet emerging needs, particularly for social trends and the state of the physical environment. To perform well the VNSO has to build and maintain good relationships with key providers of information and the users of that information.
The vision of the VNSO is to coordinate statistical activities and provide statistical leadership to enhance evidence based decision making for sustainable development in Vanuatu.
The mission of the VNSO is to collect, compile and disseminate quality and timely official statistical information for users in government, the private sector, the community and international organisations.
- Continue to provide timely, reliable and quality statistical information to users.
- To improve statistical capacity in government departments and build relationships with these departments and other key stakeholders.
- To assist government in monitoring and evaluating important policies through producing indicators and other relevant data.
- To provide statistical coordination across government and to improve data dissemination.
The VNSOs values reflect the guiding principles and behaviours of the office:
- Honesty and integrity
- Professionalism and Customer Oriented
- Accountability and transparency Accessibility and Reliability
- Team work